CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Hilton Head Traveler Reviews: Thank you for the exemplary service!

From: Mr. Thomas Martin, Anderson, SC.

Mr. Stenhammer: My family and I have stayed at the Palmetto Dunes villas during the S.C. Association of Counties annual meetings forever. We stay at Hickory Cove each year, but have recently discovered Centrecourt and fallen in love with it. I am not sure when ResortQuest took over the bookings for those units – whether it was when checkin was still at the entrance to Palmetto Dunes, or later – but in recent years I have had the pleasure of working with Shani Harris for our bookings, and, frankly, have been amazed at how pleasant she is to work with. I should have written you, or her supervisor earlier and said so, because now you’re likely to think that I’m just making that up, because of the remainder of this note. But I assure you that that is the truth – she has been a true pleasure to work with, even in a day and age when customer service, and just plain courtesy, seem to be lost arts. We have never had a single complaint when working with Shani – to the contrary, she is an exemplary model of customer relations, always building great customer confidence, satisfaction, and appreciation.

However, this year’s trip, ending Sunday, has forced me to add to my list of kudos for you and your staff. We stayed in Centrecourt 7804, as we have the last couple of years – and loved it again. We enjoyed the new keyless entry and the DVD rentals – and all the old, familiar accoutrements of that unit with which we are so familiar. We truly hated to have to check out Sunday morning. On the way home, my wife, Terry, noted that she didn’t have on her engagement ring – but confidently remembered she had put it into her jewelry bag, along with her other jewelry, as she was packing up. When we got home, she discovered that the ring was not in the jewelry bag. Panic city. MAJOR panic – not just because of the cost – by Hilton Head standards, the ring probably isn’t all that valuable – but as a piece of personal jewelry, of course, it is unimaginably precious. She called your housekeeping Sunday night and got the emergency housekeeper – a female, whose name I wish I had. That person was as assuring as she could be – stating “You’ll get it back!!” She told us to call housekeeping at 9:00 yesterday (Monday).

Terry did call housekeeping at 9:00, but the line was busy and she got a message. She was going to call back, but in the meantime called the regular reservation number and got Stacey. I could make this easy and tell you that was the end of the problem. In fact, I’ll do that. We told Stacey where we thought the ring was hiding, Stacey contacted Talley, and within the hour we had received one of the happiest calls we have gotten recently. Stacey literally took care of everything, from retrieving the ring from Talley (who actually delivered it, I think), to getting all the shipping info, packing the ring ultra carefully, and getting it in next day UPS to us. The ring was safely delivered this morning.

I cannot begin to tell you how grateful we are, to your entire staff, for many, many pleasant stays at Palmetto Dunes, for always being accommodating and courteous, and for giving exemplary service. I also can’t tell you how well they represent you. BUT, for right now, and because of the singular events of the past 48 hours, all I can tell you is “Thank you!!!”, from the bottom of our hearts!!

---
Hilton Head Rentals

0 comments: